Friday, November 30, 2012

Never Alone!

Are you lonely sometimes? Or should I ask, alone? How many times are you really alone…

Im sitting here in my new room, alone, but not lonely. Lonely is a state of mind while alone is a more a fact. You can be lonely but not alone. And you can be alone but not lonely. I guess it’s all what you make from it!

Picture I took last week
Ok, sitting here. Alone! In a lonely room. The room is empty, so I call it lonely now. Can a room be lonely? Isnt empty the same as lonely? You can feel empty and you can feel lonely. It’s not exactly the same state of mind, ha?

The room is empty(lonely) and quiet, once in a while a train passes. I have to get used to that. The sound of trains rushing by. People rushing to go to work or returning home. I see them, all rushed up.

Most of the people in the train are alone. But certainly not lonely, that’s what they wanna think. See them looking at their mobile phone. Reading the posts of their so called “friends”.

Do you like or comment on everything they do (Post)? If someone tells you something, you react right? But why do you skip most of your friends and only comment on a couple of things? Nice friend are you!

So to you, those people in the train, pretending... Look at the person next to you for a change. You can have the best conversations with people you don’t know.

The people rushing by scared me today. I was walking through Central Station but all people moving at different speeds to different locations made my head go wild.

Have you ever stopped in the middle of the station and just sat there and looked? It’s a funny sight and quite overwhelming sometimes..


I would like to share this picture with you while I'm talking about feeling rushed or lonely.

I came across the exhibition of Alexandra Cool in Photo Museum Antwerp last summer. 

Really enjoyed watching all her pictures. Couldn't keep staring. And things don't get to me like that, so often.

This picture is from the serie 'Landscapes'. It's a shame it's a bit small. But there's a calming but also rushing feeling to it.

It's like water, it looks calm on the surface but underneath...


Hé reader! Who are you? Where are you from? You're not alone out there. I like to hear from you once in a while :]

2 comments:

  1. So you want to hear from me?
    Here I am, not alone, not lonely. Just fine? And you, how are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice hearing from you!! Good to hear you're fine! I'm very good. A lot of writing the past couple of days. It's your turn now for tomorrow :D

      Delete