Sunday, February 5, 2012

Roller Derby

It has been years ago that I played tennis, the only sport I ever did [not my own decision though, awesome family pressure ;( ] . Years had gone by while I was searching for a sport that's fun. Oh and a sport that I could play.

That's hard.
I hated every sport.

Basketball - Broken nails
Baseball - Muscle torned
Tennis - Hit the ball out of the field
Soccer - I'll just fall over the ball
Racket ball - Got hit in my face
Badminton - Boring

And so on, so on...

Maybe i'm just to clumpsy :] Every sport is dangerous for me.

Sooo why not try a sport that is dangerous on itself!?

Roller Derby!
It had been years ago that I'd put my skates on, let alone roller-skates. First practice went very well! I didn't fall (on my face) like I expected. Hehe.


Currious about it? This is how it goes:


Now I've found my sport! Great. Last week I started for real. Let's see how long I can keep doing this. :D

It's really fun. Only my muscles didn't like it that much. Exercise for 2 hours in a row. I'm not used to that.
I remember the first practice, the next day I couldn't walk normal.
Now after the second time my arms where aching. Washing my hands was really painfull! Also my abdominal muscles had a hard time, try laughing like that.

I'm happy I've found a sport! My dad isn't that supportive though.
He's just afraid?

But...


If you want to see a movie about Roller Derby, you have to see 'Whip It'.
For the Dutch people: It's on TV this wednesday! 20.30 on Rtl5 ;]. WATCH IT!


Trailer Whip It:



Now, who doesn't love Roller Derby!??

No comments:

Post a Comment