Friday, February 1, 2013

Derby love

Hi there!

It's Physious Fox.
Another part of me.

I'm having a celebration today!

Last year I told you about Roller Derby.



 
Quote last year: "Now I've found my sport! Great. Last week I started for real. Let's see how long I can keep doing this. :D"

Well I can tell you! It's exactly ONE YEAR now!! 

I'm in love with this sport and the people. It's everything I've been looking for. The speed of being on rollerskates and the action of being whipped and hit all the time.
The Dom City Dolls is MY team <3


The first Bout I saw was on 25 February between AmsterBAM and the Roller Girls of the Apocalypse. Never knew I was gonna play them the same year too.

I was cruising down Holland for all the activities and skated wherever possible. We even had a Drive In Cinema where I helped and the King Cruise Event (picture left)
 
I still remember the bootcamp I had from Fist Fucker, a player from Sweden. It was a day where I learnt a lot. 





And yes I fell, but got up again. Had some pain but went on. 

On the 28th of July I finally passed my Minimal Skillz test and got into the team soon after :D

My first REAL Bout was on September 23 in Namur, Belgium. 
I was sooo nervous but it was brilliant. 
The Skates of Glory tournament.





Oktober 13th was the day I never held possible. We played the Roller Girls of the Apocalypse in Keizerslautern. We won! 
And I won the Most Valuably Player Award ;o




I also gave training to the Fresh Meat a couple of times last year.

In december we player One Love Roller Girls in Antwerpen and we had a Bout against Enschede the Eastside RocknRollers for Serious Request. Watch the Video at the end.

This year I enjoyed new friends, a new hobby/sport/addiction, pain, laughter, falls, speed, my team, the games but most of all the experiences of all that comes with Roller Derby.

Some pictures below! <3


















1 comment: